By Shawn McFarland
Tonight is the night that many sports fans have circled on their calendar each year – the NFL Draft. Tonight in the first round, 32 young men will have their lives changed.
Some are even lucky enough to be invited to Philadelphia for the draft – to sit in the “green room.” Each of these invitees was asked for their pre-draft walk up song. Courtesy of the New York Jets’ Twitter account, here’s what they had to say.
So myself, being the hero that this world deserves decided to make a mock draft/big board based off of which song each athlete picked. Here we go:
- Leonard Fournette – The Art of Hustle, Yo Gotti: Homeboy straight up picked an entire album as his walkup song. I respect the audacity. He’s my No. 1
- Kevin King – Crew, Goldlink: So I forgot to remind you guys that there’s going to be a decent amount of bias on this list. I love Goldlink, and Crew is one of the best songs of his new album. Congrats to Kevin King for being No. 2 on my big board!
- Jonathan Allen – Tonight, John Legend: John Legend? Please and thank you.
- DeShone Kizner – DNA, Kendrick Lamar: Yeah, I mean that’s just a hype song.
- Corey Davis – High Demand, Future: Saying you’re in high demand? Good call.
- DeShaun Watson – There He Go, Kodak Black: There he go…in the first round?
- Haason Reddick – Sacrifices, Drake: A team should sacrifice a draft pick on you, IMO.
- Derek Barnett – Off Da Top (3 A.M.), Yo Gotti: Na yeah Yo Gotti bumps.
- Takkarist McKinley – Tell Me When to Go, E-40: When to go? I’d say late first-round.
- Jamal Adams – Married to the Game, Future: That shows some dedication to football.
- John Ross – Succesful, Trey Songz: That’s a solid prediction based off of his 40 time.
- Solomon Thomas – Upgrade U, Beyonce: Upgrade you at defensive end, more like it.
- Malik McDowell – First Day Out, Tee Grizzley: First day out of being broke MORE LIKE IT.
- Marshon Lattimore – Juice, Lil Cray and Sir Chubbie: Any song with juice in the title just seems to pump people up, I don’t know.
- Adoree Jackson – Can’t Have Everything, Drake: Well, he’s not wrong.
- Cam Robinson – U Ain’t Never, Kodak Black: There are better Kodak songs, there are worse Kodak songs.
- Garrett Boles – All the Above, Maino: I feel like this is just telling teams to draft people above you.
- Chidobe Azuwe – 1 Er Gaou, Magic System: What?
- Tre’Davious White – They Ain’t With Me, YoungBoy Never Broke Again: Not gonna be a broke boy anymore.
- Mitchell Trubisky – Forever, Drake: Eh. I’m not surprised.
- Ryan Ramczyk – Jump Around, House of Pain: Once I saw this was his song, I knew he’d be last. Be better than that you bum.